We are students of mass media and rhetoric at Brigham Young University. The blog entries consist of our opinions, developing research, and other writing. We appreciate any feedback that can help us make our blog more informative, accessible, and effective.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

How much are we really influenced?

How much are we influenced. For more videos check out Derren Brown on YouTube, especially "paying with paper".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOEKdaXIEHc

2 comments:

  1. Haha, good one. Very interesting. I was going to tell you how to embed a video, but when I followed the link I found out that the embed code had been disabled by request...sadly. Definitely worth thinking about next time you go to the store. There are other factors of course that are aimed at influencing you? Ever wonder why usual items are often at the back of the store or difficult to find? The big shopping chains found out that every 5 minutes more you spend in the store makes it 15% more possible that you will by more than you came for. It's true, they invest millions in neuroscientific research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is unfortunately effective! I can't tell you how many times I walk into a store and come back out with all sorts of things that I had no need for. i know they also put on music that is not only aimed at influencing you to stay longer (adding to that 15% increase) but also that have influences on you to buy more things. It's incredible the type of research they do on this stuff.

    ReplyDelete